Reina El Ali is a Lebanese qualified lawyer, since 2013. Reina joined HMCo in November 2021 as part of the Finance Practice Team, based in our Dubai Office.
Prior to joining HMCo, Reina worked with prominent law firms in the region.
With almost 10 years of experience in the Middle East region, Reina’s principal area of expertise is in the corporate and commercial fields of the law. She is specialized in venture capital and private equity financing, M&A, company restructuring, corporate governance, cross-border transactions, in addition to providing business-oriented legal advice on a wide range of matters across the region.
- LLM, Commercial and Corporate Law from the University of London, Queen Mary.
- LLB, from the Lebanese University in Beirut.
- Assisted on more than 20 early-stage venture investments and equity financing transactions.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating convertible securities with respect to early-stage venture investments.
- Conducting high level legal due diligence for equity financing transactions and preparing reports.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the terms of the definitive agreements and ancillary documents for equity financing deals.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the necessary agreements in relation to merger and/or acquisition transactions.
- Overseeing the closing and completion process of a transaction.
- Advised Sequoia Capital in its USD 20M Series A Preferred Shares Financing in Huspy Holdings Limited.
- Advised Raed II L.P. in its USD 3M Series A Preferred Shares Financing of Mozn Inc.
- Advised Raed II L.P. in its USD 3M Series Pre-seed Preferred Shares financing of Slyndr.
- Advised Rua Growth Fund in its USD 3M Series B Financing of ZenHR Inc.
- Advised VentureSouq MENA Fintech I LP in its USD 2M Series A Preferred Shares Financing of Data Science Company, LLC, otherwise known as Quant.
- Advised STV L.P. in its USD 6.2M financing of Osoul Manafa Investment Company.