Even the best-laid plans go awry. While most companies enter...Read More
Dr. Adli Hammad
From 1979 to 1981 Dr. Hammad worked as a legal advisor with Saudi ARAMCO. In 1981 he began working in private practice, and since 1983 has been the Managing Partner of Hammad & Al-Mehdar. In addition to his extensive knowledge in Islamic Banking and Finance, Dr. Hammad also has significant experience in Arbitration, having been appointed as arbitrator in several arbitrations. Dr. Adli earned his LLM from Southern Methodist University, Texas, and his PhD from the International Islamic University Malaysia where he specialized in Islamic Investment Funds.
- LLM, Southern Methodist University, Texas
- PhD specialized in Islamic Investment Funds, the International Islamic University, Malaysia.
- Advising the Standard Bank of South Africa, the mandated lead arrangers, in connection with a US$500 million syndicated murabaha (Islamic) facility to Al Rajhi Bank. This was Al Rajhi Bank’s debut syndicated murabaha facility.
- Advising BNP Paribas in connection with a syndicated murabaha financing arising out of BNP Paribas’ participation in a US$100 million Islamic Development Bank syndicated facility to finance Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation imports of crude oil and petroleum.
- Providing consultation in connection with the establishment of Hail Economic City, including the offering of its shares through an initial public offering worth US$600 million.
- Aiding a Saudi Arabian pharmaceutical and health care company in connection with an exempt offer of its shares under the Capital Market Regulation.
- Leading the team advising Americana on the granting of a number of franchises.
- Leading a team negotiating a number of F&B franchise and master franchise agreements in Saudi Arabia.
- Acting as an arbitrator in highly technical disputes relating to such sectors as television broadcasting, telecommunications and securities.
- Acted for JP Morgan as local counsel in a family inheritance dispute at UK court. The value of the claim was estimated at US$ 300 million.
- Acted as an arbitrator for Sullivan & Cromwell in International Chamber of Commerce of International Court of Arbitration in the year of 2015.
- Acted as an arbitrator for highly confidential matters related to 9/11 as respondent expert witness in New York.
- Acted as an arbitrator for The United Nations Office for Project Services as respondent expert witness in Dubai.
- Recently acted as an Arbitrator for Harney’s Law Firm in connection with AHAB vs SIFCO matter appeared in Cayman Island Court as a respondent expert witness.
Increasing Efficiency: New Commercial Courts Law in Saudi Arabia
The Saudi Arabia judicial system has a long history and...Read More
EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LIQUATED DAMAGES UNDER SAUDI LAW
Over the last half-decade, Saudi Arabia has proven to be...Read More